Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)

To: CLGREGORRY@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)
From: Carelallen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 22:42:39 -0500
Cecil,

I have triple Webers on my 74 TR6 installed by a prior owner of the car.
Compared to a 72 TR6 that I used to own with the stock Stromberg carbs, my
current car is slower, a gas pig, idles rough and has poor low end throttle
response. Everything else (cam, exhaust system, exhaust manifold, compression
etc.) is basically stock and not necessarily in tip top form. My conclusion
is that the webers are definitely not just a bolt on enhancement. As other
people have also told me, you really need to build the TR6 engine correctly
to take advantage of the Webers. At this point, I am thinking about
converting my car back to Strombergs. If you are looking for a bolt on HP
increase, don't bother with the triple Webers. If you are going through a
complete engine rebuild, perhaps the Webers and  other required engine
changes (cam etc.) may be worth it.  I don't know what all is really required
to properly build the enginer for Webers. I am sure others on the list could
better provide those details. I would like to know as well.

Carel Allen
Ann Arbor, Michigan
71 Stag, 74 TR6, 64 TR4