RE: Spit Lightswitch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit Lightswitch
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:34:28 -0700
Disposition-notification-to: <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
The correct knob is part number 704879.  TRF sells it for $4.25 and
yes it has a depiction of a speedometer face on it
Karl Theis
_________
From: Andrew Mace on Wed, Nov 13, 1996 2:32 AM

> If I am correct that the original switch simply controlled the
lights for
> the gauges, then I may be able to make the existing switch work
(except that
> the knob has that funny little diagram of a broken rear axle on it,
of
> course)....

Perhaps this knob is not as readily available as the other
"pictographic" Spitfire/TR4-style knobs. I noticed this year at the
VTR
national meet in Albany that at least one of the early Spitfires
there
(perhaps more) had the incorrect knob for the instrument lighting
switch. It should depict a speedometer face, more or less. In other
markets, where this switch was the main lighting switch, the knob
would
show an illuminated headlamp or similar, as I believe is commonly
found
in the earlier TR4.