Re: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble

To: dynamic@pbgi.com
Subject: Re: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:24:50 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 21:15:15 -0800 dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille
Chadwell) writes:

>Oh... and Mark... I WANT A LAND ROVER!!  Not that I expect you to
>help, or
>anything, truthfully there is no way I'll afford to by another "toy"
>anytime in the next five years.  Noticed that you have a '71.  I don't
>know
>much about them yet, but maybe someday...
>
>Pete Chadwell

My sister has owned the Land Rover since new and currently uses it to
haul horse manure down to the woods.  I has definitely been "rode hard
and put away wet" but it's an amazing vehicle.  I do all the maintenance
on it, but I'm not allowed to take it out of service for any length of
time, so I have acquired an attic full of parts that I will replace when
it suffers some catastrophe.  I recently had to replace a back axle and
was amazed to find you can do the job without even jacking the car up.
That's really handy if your out in the jungle and have a hippo strapped
to the top - or if  you're down at the manure pile.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)