RE: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble

To: andertonm@juno.com, drake@direct.ca
Subject: RE: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 00:25:37 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 22:48:56 -0800 drake@direct.ca (len drake) writes:
>>I have found that I can save
>>myself a lot of time and money by checking the crank movement
>>and determining the wear on the thrust washers.  Too often
>>what we think is a clutch problem is this all too common
>>weakness in TR6 engines.  Thrust wake it very hard to impossible
>>to engage first or reverse.

I am having some problems with my TR6 getting what I suspected enough
movement in the clutch-fork to engage the clutch - but now... How do I go
about checking worn thrust washers? Is this where you can pull the crank
pulley and see if there is more than a finger-nail movement? And how do you
do that? Or is that something totally different....

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - FOR SALE
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project