73 TR6 Front Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 TR6 Front Suspension
From: Nolan Penney <NPenney@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 08:16:56 -0800
I wouldn't get in too hot a lather over the tie rods being unequal length
just yet.  Probably the #1 cause of this is the steering wheel not being
properly positioned on reinstallation.  Hence one drives with the wheel
cockeyed in a straight line.  The always helpfull front end shops take
said car in for alignment, position the steering wheel correctly, and
adjust the heck out of the tie rod ends.  They then will give a horror
story to the owner about the extend of misalignment in the front end (we
adjusted the left 1/2" in, the right 1/2" out, for a total misalignment
of a full inch mr. customer!).

If your rack or box allows  you to center it, do so, and note just where
the steering wheel is now pointing.  I'd place my money on the steering
wheel being a spline or two off.