Re: PDWAs and tandem master cylinders...

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: PDWAs and tandem master cylinders...
From: Bill Georgas <0005419627@mcimail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 17:23 EST
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andy, et al,

I know I am joining this discussion late, but since my braking system
is in pieces, and I am replacing a leaking PDWA , I thought I'd add
my understanding.

As one of the circuits (front or back fails), the change in pressure
to that subsystem does in fact cause the piston to move.  This triggers
the idiot light.  I also thought the movement of the piston closed
off the offending subsystem, in effect limiting the loss of brake fluid.
 While this does result in significantly less braking power, you don't
have to worry about pumping your system dry to restore some braking
action.

Bill
'72 TR6 - Trying to avoid becoming a DPO, one of the 25 year old fittings
just broke......   :(