propane for A/C (no LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: propane for A/C (no LBC content)
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 17:48:49 PDT
Personally, I am willing to look at any alternative to R-134a.  In my
personal research on the ozone depletion/CFC issue, I uncovered a few
facts about R134-a that have been largely suppressed:
1. It is less efficient than r12, requiring half again as much volume in
the system to do the same job. a retrofit will result in less cooling
than before.
2. It is so highly corrosive that the entire system will be destroyed
and have to be completely replaced within five years (my local paper
recently had an article fron the AP about this very thing--after the ban
in 2000, a refrigerator will cost 50% more and be totally shot in five
years, instead of the current average of sixteen.)

Also, my research has led me to conclude that the CFC/ozone depletion
theory is a complete fraud, and I will not support DuPont or the other
companies for their duplicity by buying r-134a.

Cheers

Scott Kohl (donning Nomex)