Re: propane for A/C (no LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: propane for A/C (no LBC content)
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:17:43 -0500
]
>>>>> "`Charlie" == Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com> writes:

    `Charlie> Scott, All you have to do is look at the patent
    `Charlie> expiration date of R-12. As soon as DuPont could
    `Charlie> no longer corner the market on the material, it
    `Charlie> became the worst possible thing for our
    `Charlie> environment. News Flash--One single volcano
    `Charlie> eruption spews forth more florocarbons into the
    `Charlie> atmosphere that the human race could ever think
    `Charlie> about.

    `Charlie> You're also correct about the efficiency of
    `Charlie> R-134a. It is simply not as good.

    `Charlie> Remember, DuPont couldn't have gotten away with
    `Charlie> this without the help of our current
    `Charlie> tree-huggin' administration.

    `Charlie> Everytime someone says "we're doing it for the
    `Charlie> children", I lose another personal freedom.

OK, can we take the partisan rhetoric off this list, please?
Especially in light of the fact that very few of us are
actually scientists or even dabblers in the relevant fields
and you're just spouting "facts" that have been pre-digested
and regurgitated by pundits on one side or the other of the
political and philosophical spectra...
                                                        -MM
--
"Positive:  Wrong at the top of one's voice"
                                                -Ambrose Bierce