Re: Synthetic Oil

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 15:21:10 -0400
Cc: gpetrola@prairienet.org, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've used only synthetic in my 1993 car, and love it.  You can actually
stretch out oil changes, so it winds up not costing much more than
conventional.
I'm thinking of using it in my 1971 TR6.  I love the added protection
from friction, but didn't know about the leaking bit.
Question: are there other (chemical) additives to stop the leaking that
will ensue once the dino oil is eluted from the system?  I'm thinking of
an oil stop leak, or something like that, which is supposed to seal up
those tiny cracks.
Just wondering,
Sirmoog
'71 TR6 Cincinnati