re: Polishing SU suction chamber cover

To: "INTERNET:SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Polishing SU suction chamber cover
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:58:19 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU
>       I know this will sound strange, but I have heard that oven cleaner
works well on this. I haven't tried it myself yet. Some people in my club
have used it and have had very good results. You might try it on a small
section and see how it works. I'll try it on my ZS 175CD's and let
everybody know.
<

I have not tried oven cleaner for this application.  It is great for
getting
the carbonized stuff off metal, but it leaves a matte surface when it is
done.
I am now starting with that matte surface.

-Tony