Re: Polishing SU suction chamber cover

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re: Polishing SU suction chamber cover
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:40:52 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
While I would certainly be open to hearing from others...

Aluminum transfers heat pretty effectively... hence... I wouldn't think
that there's be much of a "concentration" of heat on one side during the
buffing process....

I'd say the main reason not to buff on a wheel... is simply that it's
easy for any object being buffed to be yanked out of your hand.... and
if this were to happen... and it hit the ground... it could be
damaged... by denting, etc...

This said... I did buff mine on a wheel... I was just VERY careful...
and they came out great.  I just don't think I'd trust leaving these
things with some buffing outfit...

--Justin