Re: Latest additino to the family

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Latest additino to the family
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:35:04 -0400
Hi Brad
Among others, I have CT6716LO. It is a 1962. I have owned it since 1966.
The headlight switch was not yet switched to the column on this model. Your
engine clearly seems to be from a 1961 car (as does the commision number if
it is authentic). My chassis # and commision # are both attached to the
bulkhead (on opposite sides) with what appear to be very large rivets but
NO washers. On the '62, the turn signals are controlled by the switch on
the left of the column, and the overdrive by the switch on the right of the
column. The commision number seems to match the year of registration, but
not the chassis number (right side?) or the engine number. That probably
explains why there is no overdrive in the car to match the LO.

Hope this helps
Keith Stewart