Re: Latest additino to the family

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Latest additino to the family
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:12:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> > > On my 64 TR4 the turn signal is on the right whilst the OD switch is
> > > on the left. I always thought this was (like the parking brake)
> > > something left over from RH steering.
> >
> > Perhaps, or a PO has put the column in backwards.  It is symmetrical.
>
> UGH!  Bonehead mistake.  It's late and my brain doesn't work.  The column
> is symmetrical, but it can't be rotated.  However, if memory serves
> (fizzle, pop) the mounting devices are the same for the turn signals and
> the OD switch.
>
> So you could switch it over, but it would be a lot more work that I
> originally thought.  D'oh.

A note of interest here.  In the Bentley workshop manual the turn
signal switch is shown on the right and the OD switch is shown on
the left.  For the TR4A they reversed them.  Don't know if this was just
an editing mistake in the workshop manual or if the cars were actually
delivered with the turn signal switch on the right.

Does anyone out there have a definitive answer on this subject?

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)