Re: Latest additino to the family

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Latest additino to the family
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: kstewart@wwdc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 KTRIUMPH@aol.com wrote:
>
> > On my 64 TR4 the turn signal is on the right whilst the OD switch is on the
> > left. I always thought this was (like the parking brake) something left over
> > from RH steering.
>
> Perhaps, or a PO has put the column in backwards.  It is symmetrical.

UGH!  Bonehead mistake.  It's late and my brain doesn't work.  The column
is symmetrical, but it can't be rotated.  However, if memory serves
(fizzle, pop) the mounting devices are the same for the turn signals and
the OD switch.

So you could switch it over, but it would be a lot more work that I
originally thought.  D'oh.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm