Re: FW: Any TR, conv. top windows ??

To: "Clarke, Ian" <Ian.Clarke@gbr.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Any TR, conv. top windows ??
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:11:48 -0700
Cc: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> I see a cottage industry in the making.... smuggling duct tape into the
> UK!
>
> Joe Curry
>
> Clarke, Ian wrote:
> >
> > Micheal Ferguson wrote:
> > >
> > > That's the end of the article. Not particularly thorough, but it may
> > > provide some inspiration. Some of the terms (e.g "hood") in the above
> > > are obviously English. Not so sure about some of the others. Does
> > > "sticky tape" mean duct tape, electrical tape, or what? And are
> > > "staples"  the same as what we call staples? No idea - perhaps one of
> > > our friends from the UK can shed some light.
> > >

> > Duck Tape isn't that common over here yet and is quite expensive,
> > so sticky tape could mean electrical tape or just stuff like
> > Scotch tape or sellotape (both brand names)
> >
> > Staples are probably the same, I can't remember what Tim Taylor calls
> > them!!!!
> >
> > I know you guys call the engine cover the hood (We call it the bonnet), but
> > what
> > do you call the convertable cover (That's what we call the hood)
> >
> > Ian Clarke
> > London, England
> > TR4 coming soon.....
>
> --
> "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
>
>   -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer

Ian, to answer your question, our "hood" is simply, the "top".

What? No duct tape in the UK?? How extraordinary!! What about WD-40? Is
that available to you? Can't imagine having to go through life without
those two multi-purpose products. Both can be used for just about
anything - if duct tape won't work, WD-40 probably will!

Joe, sounds like you could export tape and Ian could be your local
distributor - you'll make a fortune!

Michael