Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...

To: bethken@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:02:58 EST
Some people might vote for an alternator conversion...but I have driven a
TR3A from coast to coast with generator and just returned with Kent Howard
from 4500 mile trip in which he still sports a generator.  And he has
electric cooler, cell phone, remote temperature sensing device, and more. We
were all of it, even at night with high beams ablaze. He does have a
secondary electric fuel pump to back up stock unit.

Which leads me to:

My only failure on trip to West Coat was to depend on 35 year old original
pump, when I had rebuilt pump on the shelf. I was in the State of Washington
when it gave away to leaking diaphragm.

Visiting for a few days anyway, I called my son and overnighted rebuilt
unit....which I should have put on the TR3A before I left.

All of it works quite well on the TR3As and TR4s if properly maintained. I
have knowledge of my 300ZX underhood and that is just  fine and I appreciate
it, but what gives me the most pleasure. (And my wife will head for the TR3A
every time...she can sleep in a TR3A seat at 70 MPH with the top down....we
started with a MG T series before we married in 63 so this is not a new
concept to her)

I take a small tool kit and a few rudimentary items such points and condensor
and leave the rest to chance. I love it.

Modernize? TS series is modern enough. Especially at my age.

Joe