Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 00:01:07 EST
Ken,
      I think that what to change depends on the model of car and the type of
use you intend for it. Not to ruffel the purist feathers, but a well done
engine conversion and wire harness with new plugs will not ruin the
aesthetics and can really give you a nice daily driver. More horses, cheap
parts, greater realiability are a few of the advantages. Of course this takes
a few tools not found in most home shops so if the drive train is good,
things like the electric fan and fuel pump or electronic ignition and good
fat tires are the best way to go. It really depends on what YOU want from the
car. I put a 2.8 chevy with a 5 speed automatic in my Stag and I think I will
put an RX7 motor and trans in the Spit, but even with all the modifications
to it, the GT6 will be GT6 right down to its little 1900 cc heart!

PLB3