Winter Storage / Fuel Drain

To: "INTERNET:ewcorco@erenj.com" <ewcorco@erenj.com>
Subject: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:30:10 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:ewcorco@erenj.com
>Folks:

Before I go out and identify all the difficult ways, which I historically
am very good at doing, I thought I'd solicit a response for an easy way:

I'd like to drain the float bowls of the carbs on my '71 TR6 before I add
oil to each cylinder and store it for the winter.
<

Don't bother.  They will leak down soon enough.

Seriously, though, If you have "stabilized" fuel in the carbs there should
be no untoward effects from an extended rest.  I stored my 71 TR6 in a
warehouse from last November until July 3 of this year.  I did NOTHING
about stabilizing the fuel, or draining the carburettors and the only
problem I had was the battery died (it was 6 years old, after all).  The
TR6 came with an evaporative loss control system which does a good job of
preserving the freshness of the fuel over fairly long periods of time.
What you have done so far is fine.

Dave Massey