RE: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:46:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
My question exactly. Why are you storing your cars for the winter? I realize
that many parts of the country are snowbound but don't you have days when
the roads are clean and dry? If so, take it out on the highway for an hour
drive. Over the past 3 winters I've been able to get my car on the highway
at least twice a month.  It'll do you and your car a world of good. Or why
not just start it up and let it run for 45 minutes once a week (let's hear
the pros and cons on doing this!). Maybe drive it back and forth in your
driveway. A few years ago I questioned a local restoration shop and
professional engine rebuilder about winter storage and the answers up above
are what they recommend. They were quite adamant that there is more
potential harm done by letting the car sit for 3 or 4 months then by letting
it run or by driving it. What do most snow belt owners do with their cars
during the winter? Inquiring minds want to know. Snow birds need not respond
:-)
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD