RE: TR4 wire wheels

To: <Billtr4@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 wire wheels
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:57:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

I agree with all of what Bob said.  I was planning on painted wire wheels
someday... but when I saw all the beauties at the VTR convention with chrome
WW... I went nuts and went the chrome route. I was only going to buy them
once and the difference is absolutely striking.

Mine was a conversion so I had to do the whole 9 yards. Adapters, nuts,
knockoffs, hammer, cut the studs, find a used WW spare.  I bought the whole
thing from TRF at the VTR convention for 25% off and free shipping.

I expended very little work effort on the conversion.... And the stuff is
not cheap.  But I feel I got the most "bang-for-the-buck" of any of my work
so far.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site