Re: Auto trailer

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Auto trailer
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:41:45 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/15/99 1:48:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

<< While your point is well taken, you can get into bad situations whether
 you are towing a tandem trailer with brakes or no trailer at all.   Care
 is indeed the watchword.  Most of us can't afford the extremes that it
 takes to rid oneself of all possibilities, but if you exercise extreme
 care when pulling even a light trailer without brakes, there's no reason
 to think that it can be done safely.  >>

Have you ever had to make a panic stop while towing a Triumph on
your trailer ?   I have. It was on a multi-lane highway in downtown
Atlanta.  I had to really stand on the brakes to keep from hitting the idiot
that suddenly decided he needed to be in front of me. There was traffic
on both sides of me and this was in the apex of a slight bend in the road.
My trailer is a tandem axle with electric brakes on all 4 wheels so i stopped
safely.
Would i have been able to do this with a single axle trailer with no brakes ?
I don't ever want to try it.
Be safe
Jack Mc