Re: New thread: First word, Desmodromic, sounds like....

To: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New thread: First word, Desmodromic, sounds like....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:46:55 -0700

Don Kerr wrote:

> Ok....Which was the car (not the Ducati m/c)........ using desmodromic
> valve gear .........

Mercedes F1, circa 1955, what I believe Mercedes designated the 300SLR.
Same as the one which killed about eighty people in the stands when the
car came apart in an accident.

>  secondly..the last car or 'LBC' to use a starting handle ?

As regards the Triumph, it was the TR4. As for other makes, who knows...
Russian Ladas probably need one, whether equipped for it, or not.
<smile>

Cheers.