Re: trans. mounts

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: trans. mounts
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 10:05:36 -0500
Fred Thomas wrote:

> Listers, I have a fellow T/R 3 owner call last night for info about a 64 T/R
> 4 tranny w/O.D. (type A) he wants to put in his "3", seems the tranny is
> about 1/2" longer than the rear trans. mount, need some advice as to the
> best & safest way to complete this project, (no the O/D is not for sale),
> should the mounts be moved back the 1/2" and will this in anyway weaken the
> frame set-up. Thanks. "FT"

Fred,

Something seems odd.  The A OD unit should fit right up to the same mount as the
non-OD trans.  This works regardless of TR-3 or 4 origins.  There is some play
in the
bolt holes, maybe your friend just needs to loosen the mountings to get them to
fit.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars