Re: trans. mounts

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: trans. mounts
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:56:34 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Fred,
     In addtion to your question,  I have a question too. I just had a TR-6
A-type OD installed in my TR-3. After installation, one of the front motor
mounts broke. I installed new motor mounts and life is bliss. The old 3 is
like another car now.
     I ran with a TR-4 non-OD trans for years and was told that the units
were the same size as the OD units. My engine is kind of lunging forward on
the motor mounts now (and probably before too). Should I have elongated the
rear trans mount holes or forward engine mounts? It all seems to be working
alright now.
     Any listers have suggestions?

     Bill Brewer
     Bear Valley Springs (Tehachapi), CA - like anyone knows where the hell
Tehachapi is anyway...