Re: trans. mounts

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: trans. mounts
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:11:23 -0500
David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by "Power British Performance Parts, Inc."
> >If anyone is considering
> installing OD in a '3/'4 or early '6 car, it would be much better to trade
> the J for an A.<
>
> Or do what I did: Traded my 71 frame for a 73.  Of course there were other
> reasons for the frame swap.
>
> Dave

Hmmmm,  think of the possibilities!?!?!  How about swapping a TR-6 chassis to a
TR-3
body - all you'd really need to do would be to cut the body in half and weld a
4"
section in the middle!  Just think - 6 cylinders, IRS, J-OD, and sidecurtains!
What
could be better!  ;-)

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars