Re: The Roadster Factory demise

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory demise
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:03:17 -0500
Cc: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <75trsix@snet.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by George Richardson

Silly? How are you going to get parts that TRF owns the tooling for from
someone else unless they canbuy them from TRF? How about TR3 control heads?
TRF has them made and supplies them to everyone else who sells them. That's
just an item I know off the top of my head. How about these green hoses
that
everyone waits for for the TR6? I don't see people getting them from
anywhere
else.
<

George,

If TRF does go belly up it doesn't mean that Charles will evaporate or
cease to exist.  The likely scenario will be that TRF will re-organize, go
out of the retail business and become a manufacturer only selling wholesale
to Moss and the others.  It will probably be a much more profitable
business as well.

Dave