Re: The Roadster Factory demise

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory demise
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:28:23 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
According to Fred Thomas:

> Bill, three times the price is a very large mark-up, and then you have added
> shipping from the U/K, now thats what I call quite a deal, care to let the
> list or me in the the part that is 3 times cheaper from Rimmer including
> shipping, not doubting you, just with all these discounts they have 3 times
> cheaper is hard to take, and where you live (Penna.) shipping should be
> overnight, it is to me in N. Virginia. "FT"

I needed a starter for my 1979 Spitfire. It's a daily driver as well as
a classic.  TRF lists it at $99.95.  Moss lists it at $89.95 but was
honest enough to tell me up front tht thay didn't have any or know when
they might.  Rimmer lists theirs for 22.50UKP  that's 36.08.  Due to a
promotion there was no shipping, but even with shipping it would have
beat anybody over here's price.  Do you want to hear a good one.  I was
contacted by a Brit after I mentioned ordering from Rimmer and was told
no one over there does, because they think Rimmer is too expensive!!
So much for living in the capitalist headquarters of the world.

bill

--
bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |