Re: Roadster Factory Backorders

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster Factory Backorders
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:34:53 -0600
Cc: <spitbits@spitbits.com>

When I need parts I call the Roadster Factory and order them, but I don't
do backorders. Anything that's not in stock when I place the order is added
to the 'Moss' list. When I get off the phone I call Moss for the balance.
Sometimes I call Moss first if the 'main' piece is cheaper from them. Guess
what- when I call Moss first I always end up with a 'TRF' list.

A lot of parts that TRF show on their price list aren't even IN the Moss
catalog, and TRF has a lot of them in stock. It may be that TRF has a good
supply of TR-6 parts but not as much for the earlier cars. Are the people
who have had bad experiences mostly TR2/3/4 owners?

-Erik
--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com