Re: Century not over till 2001

To: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Century not over till 2001
From: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:15:30 -0500
Actually, in the arbitrary system of the Christian calendar there is a 1
BC and a 1 AD, i.e., there is no year zero in either direction. Indeed
it makes no more sense to set 1 BC to 0 AD than there is sense in the
Christian calendar system itself. So, hey, call me a nitpicker if you
want but you can't have opinions about time. Time is ongoing and
immutable and it doesn't care a hang about the Christian calendar or any
other feeble human attempt to deal with it.

Happy New Year and A Happy Last Year of the Current Millennium!!

John T. Nichols
'58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
'86 TVR 280i