Re: rear shock conversions

To: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: rear shock conversions
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:44:50 EDT
Cc: erl@virginia.edu, dogaboodogs3@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Now I REALLY am confused...I looked at the Victoria British catalog and on
page 26 of the Summer Edition TC.38 for TR2,3,4 & 250. It shows the "SPAX
Conversion Kit -rear, 4A-250, 65-68 listing for $279.95". Now, this does not
look like a one-piece conversion to me. It shows , in a photo of the kit, two
pieces of metal bracketry per side, two shocks, and nuts and bolts.
What is everyone referring to when they say "one-piece kit" instead of the
MOSS 3-piece kit???? And in particular, what is the "single, welded strut
that directly mounts to the frame"????
Help....
Larry M