Re: rear shock conversions

To: "INTERNET:LaJoMor@aol.com" <LaJoMor@aol.com>
Subject: Re: rear shock conversions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:43:29 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <dogaboodogs3@hotmail.com>, "[unknown]" <erl@virginia.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:LaJoMor@aol.com
>Now I REALLY am confused...I looked at the Victoria British catalog and on

page 26 of the Summer Edition TC.38 for TR2,3,4 & 250. It shows the "SPAX
Conversion Kit -rear, 4A-250, 65-68 listing for $279.95". Now, this does
not
look like a one-piece conversion to me. It shows , in a photo of the kit,
two
pieces of metal bracketry per side, two shocks, and nuts and bolts.
What is everyone referring to when they say "one-piece kit" instead of the
MOSS 3-piece kit???? And in particular, what is the "single, welded strut
that directly mounts to the frame"????
Help....
Larry M
<

The "one piece" kit refers to the one piece bracket recently developed vs.
the three piece bracket set up available previously.  The three piece kit
actually contains 6 mounting brackets, two shocks, misc hardware, and some
rubber sheets that are supposed to seal the holes drilled in the coachwork.
 The one piece bracket bolts to the frame where the lever shock mounts,
angles up into the wheel well and provides a place to which to bolt the top
end of the shock.  A much better arrangement, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Dave