Re: rear shock conversions

To: "INTERNET:erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu" <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: rear shock conversions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:23:19 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Gregory Damron <dogaboodogs3@hotmail.com>, "James A. Ruffner" <erl@virginia.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
>I stand corrected.  I looked at the diagrams, and yes, there is the piece
that bolts to the old lever shock points on the frame.  However, from an
engineering point, the three angular pieces, along with all the bolts
that can work loose, present far to much possibility for flex/movement
of the whole system, with stress on the body.  The single, welded strut
that directly mounts to the frame, is, from an engineering point of view,
the best, IMHO.
<

Well, you can improperly install just about anything.  But there is enough
reason to avoid the three piece mounts without going into whether or not it
transfers the forces properly.  (Any body want my set?)

Dave