Re: Help needed with Fuel Pump pressure ??

Subject: Re: Help needed with Fuel Pump pressure ??
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:07:22 +1100
I have been saying this to mechanics for a while and nobody else has agreed.

Nice to finally have someone think the way I think.

There was work done on the distributor re: the vacuum advance.  I guess it is
possible that the advance is sticking sometimes.

I have new plugs and new leads.

I guess a faulty condenser could produce a regular misfire and perhaps it only
happens under certain conditions such as high revs.  I guess this would show
itself as an inability to rev any further.  This would also make sense because
if it is electrical it may show itself as intermittent.

I don't see how points would cause an intermittent problem though.