Re: Knockoff Hammer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Knockoff Hammer
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:29:20 -0500
I want to thank everyone for their advice on hammers.  Looks like a lead
hammer is the best idea, with maybe using a two-by-four intermediary or
making a wood wrench, which is easy enough.

But I have to say, some of the replies were simply classic, and I have to
draw attention to two of the best.

>I'm sure lead would work, but I'd be afraid a rubber >hammer
>wouldn't tighten the knock-offs enough, and a lost wheel >can really
>damage your chrome.

>Steven Newell

And this one:

> I asked Mike if that meant one should continue hitting the knock-off until
it
> refuses to move any further?   He repied:  "Continue hitting the knock-off
> until it refuses to move any further."
>
> There you go.
>
> Bill Stagg
> 1961 TR3A

Indeed, there you go.  I'm still laughing.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A