Knockoff Hammer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Knockoff Hammer
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:53:35 EST
I took 2 layers of 3/4" - 7 ply form plywood cut into the shape of a
parallelogram, glued and screwed it together, cut out the exact shape of the
knockoff,
lined it with felt and wrapped the whacking ends in heavy stainless. I use my
dead blow hammer on it.  Seems to work well if I lift one end while whacking
the other.  My daughter says I'm,,, anal?  I'm saving my old beat up knock
offs for my next TR.  I want that "real" sports car look and smell.  Faded
paint,
a coating of oil, the smell of old cracked leather, beat up knockoffs, and
scuffed tyres.
Kent Shrack 1960 TR3a Wrong side drive TS78,000 + .