Re: Knockoff Hammer

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Knockoff Hammer
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:12:43 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2003 10:07:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jfenwick1@cogeco.ca writes:

> And another interesting point is that towing the car with the back wheels
> on a dolly, fronts rotating backwards, will loosen them. A fellow in my club
> proved this on a Stag.......twice, just to be sure.

Many, MANY years ago (when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and older British
cars were cheap), a buddy of mine bought a basket-case XK-150 roadster. It
had to be towed home (to my driveway, but that's another story) with rear end
up
and front wheels rolling backwards on the ground, all due to a rear axle
problem. My friend and I followed the tow truck home. Good thing, too, as we
both
saw the near-side front knockoff suddenly cartwheel off into the ditch!
Somehow, the wheel remained on the Jag....

--Andy Mace

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us
left." (Oscar Levant)