RE: What to do w/ Old Fluif

To: <Percybal@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What to do w/ Old Fluif
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:12:35 -0800
> Randall, I read your response and wondered if the same comments
> might not be attributed to the TOTAL costs of running an old car versus
> the TOTAL costs of a newly manufactured vehicle.....just change used
> oil to old car and virgin oil to new car........perhaps an interesting
> thread.

Assuming you're talking about pollution, I've heard similar theories
advanced before.  But, I haven't heard or seen any reliable numbers on just
how many tons of pollution are created during the complete manufacture of a
new car.

As far as total costs, I feel confident that old cars win, hands down.

Randall