Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:01:55 -0000
I guess I'm one of the 'offenders' who is guilty for advertising. That said,
not one of the many hundreds of  kind people who have bought my humble
little book over the last four years has ever written or phoned me to say
they objected to me including the web URL in my signature file.
Equally, no-one who failed to buy a copy has written to me complaining of
what I did!
Thank you all for your patronage.
If Ted Schumacher chooses to promote Mr. Kastner's book, I can't see why
anyone should object. I certainly don't - and I wouldn't, on principle. Mr.
Kastner has much to shout about, I'm confident has many unique 'inside
track' stories to tell and it would be a tragedy for enthusiasts if those
stories remained unpromoted because of the strict adherence to a *set of
rules.*
I feel the only person who can take a formative decision about publicity for
actual or perceived financial gain and for whatever motive, is Mark
Bradakis. If he thinks a post is inappropriate for whatever reason, he can
either bar the individual submitting it or delete the offending post.
Well done, Ted. I don't care whose drum you bang if it's going to give
enthusiasts something to think about and enjoy. And if, heaven forbid, the
sordid matter of coin should tinkle into your hand in the process, good for
you!

Jonmac