Re: Minilite clones - any experience or recommendations?

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minilite clones - any experience or recommendations?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:14:28 -0600
My wife wanted to keep the wire wheels on her TR4.  That decided, the
painted 60 spoke wires from Dayton were an easy choice.  Strong, straight,
and visually identical to the optional wheels on the original.

Still, if it were only my TR4, and especially if it were already set up for
4-bolt wheels, the Minilite-type would be my first choice, especially if I
wanted to do some autocrossing with sticky tires.  Light and strong.  As a
TR4 so-equipped pulled into a 900-car show in Wisconsin one day, a member of
our club stated, "TR4 and Minilites: a marriage made in heaven".  I think
he's right.

See my reply to the original request.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett