RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?

To: <BigOldWumper@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?
From: "Michael Ferguson" <tr3a@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:39:18 -0500
Sean, yes, it's possible - just not quick. I bought my 59 '3 two or three
years ago for $5500. Had to look for quite awhile though. Even then, the
seller was motivated...had been transferred and had no place to store the
car. Needed paint (awful, non-original color). Interior in fairly good
shape, but again - the color! Needed a front suspension rebuild and new
wheels (wires were shot) too. Still, not bad. Drove it for a couple of
seasons before I decided it was time for the repaint. When I removed the
paint, I even found that the rust wasn't too bad. Needed some patching, but
basically - not bad at all. Of course, it's still in my garage in pieces,
but hey...

Found it in the local newspaper of all places. For months I looked in the
VTR classifieds as well as traderonline, but found nothing. Just in case you
haven't found those sites yet...
http://www.vtr.org and http://www.traderonline.com

Also, you might join your local TR club and see what you can find that way.

Good luck!

PS: Please keep in mind...if you buy a Mustang, you'll have, well - a
Mustang!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A
TS53990L...O!