RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?

Subject: RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:35:40 -0800
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I would prefer the 93
> Tyota 5 speed to the TR O/D circa??? (IF you can find one thats decent)

Your opinion, you're welcome to it.  But ... how many 45 year old Toyotas
still have working transmissions ?  IMO the TR transmission can be rebuilt
to as good as new; if it only lasts another 40 years I'll be quite happy
with it.  Also IMO, there are certain advantages to having 7 forward gears
instead of 5; and being able to downshift with the flick of a switch (and
your foot on the gas).

Besides, if I wanted to drive a Toyota, I'd buy the whole car ... <G>

Randall