Seat rebuilding - TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat rebuilding - TR3a
From: jim wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:15:28 -0500
A local auto upholsterer who comes highly rated by the local community had a
look at (the remains of) my TR3a seat and suggested forgetting the springs in
the base and going with foam. He said that nowadays, there is a number of
qualities and five or six densities, and that the better quality stuff will
last as well as or better than a set of springs.
He was convincing and new springs are expensive, so I think I want to go the
foam route. I presume others have done this so would appreciate some input as
to which density to select. (My hope is to go on long trips, so seat comfort is
critical.)
TIA,
Jim
PS I see "seat kits" in the Moss catalog; is it a safe bet that they are just
the covers and not the padding?