RE: TR3A 10"rear brakes wheel cylinders, etc.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A 10"rear brakes wheel cylinders, etc.
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:44:20 -0800
> You've got a point ... the brake drum surfaces are smooth, no pitting or
> scores. I had thought that it would be good to turn since they're
> out and I have
> the time. I'll re-consider. I guess its not likely they are out
> of round if
> there is no visible evidence. Any thoughts?

Well, last time I checked, new 10" TR3/A drums were not available at any
price and good used ones are mighty thin on the ground (I bought the last
pair I saw on eBay and that was several years ago).  Given a choice of
living with a little pedal pulsation; or not driving the car at all; I know
which one I'd choose.  And since drums can only be turned a very limited
number of times, every turning brings closer the time they cannot be used.

If glazing is a concern, break the glaze with crocus cloth or those 3M
abrasive pads.

Randall