Re: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[CF5CA480:01C3F7F1]
Subject: Re: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission
From: "Wages, Jeffrey" <bzw8@cdc.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:40:38 -0500
Hey all,

I was reading all of the posts regarding OD lube for our TRs. I saw Redline
makes an "MTL" Manual transmision lube. Just like the MT-90 but 70W80.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'm a little reluctant to run 90W
after reading some of the submissions and since its winter time.

My other TR is a non-OD. Is it safe to run synthetic in this?  I was of the
understanding not to run synthetic in an OD because it will cause the OD to
slip out. Does that mean it is ok to run synthetic in a non-OD?

Thanks,

Jeff - Atlanta