Re: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission

Subject: Re: Fluid for Overdrive Transmission
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:46:56 -0500
My guess is that they foam because of the constant turning of the gears in
the oil bath. That would or could lead to pressure build up and leakage past
the seals (more than the calculated and engineered leakage).
 In an engine foaming (if any) would be while coating the cylinder walls or
lubricating the moving parts but not while sitting in the pan waiting to be
pumped back through the system.

JVV