Re: VTR 2004 Convention Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2004 Convention Update
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:44:34 -0500
Hi Listers,

I'd like to add some insights into the LBC mentality if I may.

Our multimarque club has some 200+ members and I find that real involvement
takes place mainly at the local level. We are one of the most active clubs in
N.E. and our "tool times" and social events keep us active in winter.
I believe that most LBC owners are provincial by nature and like to hang out
with a local crowd. Only 7% or 8% of our members will actually make a trip of
300+ miles...that pretty much limits us to the northeast...perhaps Armagh.

To me, unlike the local American iron owners, the real benefit of LBC ownership
is the comraderie that's evident when we get together. Our Friday night cruises
attract 25-30 British cars with a few curious American interlopers. We go for
ice cream or do a mystery rallye or have a potluck supper picnic...great fun
for the LBC family.

With this prevailing attitude, it's difficult enough, logistically, to organize
a national event and it can be a real bear if it's not well attended. Perhaps
that's why the Roadster Factory has had some success with the VTA....people are
attending the Summer Party anyway.

FWIW...thanks

Off the soap box now.

Bob Stahlbush, pres., British Motorcars of N.E. (bmcne.com)

 are a great way to get us all together  am  o %Some will travel   criuses cars
are a real catalyst  the  hip and it's my  my .02 if I could. We  add some
insight to this thread.