Re: TR4/TR4A Question

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: TR4/TR4A Question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:57:13 -0500
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net> i1RD5C8A002311
Message text written by Geo Hahn
>Actually that occured along the way in the TR4 line (before TR4A).  My
'64 has no draft tube but I'm not so sure about the "PC" in the PCV.

Seems to mostly ventilate the valve cover, not so sure there isn't
pressure build up in the crankcase that would be relieved by having a
breather on the side.  Is this a normal state of affairs in the late 4's?
<

Considering that there are 8 large passages between the crankcase and the
top side of the head for the pushrods, I doubt there will be any pressure
build up that can't find its way to the valve cover area.

So, tell me.  The only TR4A I have driven had the prop shaft tunnel mounted
E-brake handle just like that in the TR6 except the button operated in the
same way as the "fly off,"floor mounted lever found on the TR4 (and 2's and
3's before).  In other words, you pull up on the lever and push in the
button to set it as opposed to the TR6 where you push in the button to
release the brake.  Is this normal for a 4A and if so when did they change
to the TR6 style?

Dave