Re: TR4/TR4A Question

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: TR4/TR4A Question
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:06:14 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Yep you are correct, there is some debate over which system from the
manifold back was installed on IRS cars vs. solid axle cars. Most of the
literature that I saw during the 70's said that the single muffler system
was installed on IRS cars however mine has always had the 3 muffler dual
outlet system installed. (It's a 66 that I bought in 69 with about 18,000
miles on it).  I believe that the parts books had it bassakwards at least at
the aftermarket parts levels. My OE parts manual only shows the 3 muffler
two outlet system however and no mention of the single muffler outlet system
at all.
To your point the manifold was changed to a dual system which was supposed
to aid the exhaust flow at the introduction of 4A cars.
But so what, right!
JVV