Re: TR4/TR4A Question

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: TR4/TR4A Question
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:43:27 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Lou, you have a beautiful car and one worthy of show competition, I really
enjoyed seeing it at TRF this summer. Your 4A is equally beautiful from the
photos I've seen.
Concours shows have now gotten to the place to me at least, as looking at
just another pretty face. The cars have been restored far beyond they ever
were as original. Your TR2 and Joe's TS1 were highlights of TRF to me
because of their unique character. Yours' because of the color and Joes'
well that's obvious, it's TS1. Out of all of the cars at TRF there were a
few more that excited me, the Italias for certain and the 2000 too. Beyond
that I enjoy the shows for the event and not only the cars. I am not a fan
of Concours at all and can do without the babble about what's correct and
not correct and that's my perspective of "so what".
I certainly do enjoy seeing so many cars together and usually participate in
shows for the charity and the best parking place available. Now take me to a
Vintage race event or any competition event and you have my interest. I like
performance oriented activities.
Hope you have your carbs sorted out.
JVV