Re: TR futures

To: dmitchel@ford.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:08:11 EST
In a message dated 2/11/2005 6:37:33 AM Mountain Standard Time,
dmitchel@ford.com writes:

Keep  in mind, that the other side of reducing the
number of new cars produced  will have adverse effects
on the economy. Fewer cars would lead to higher  unemployment,
not only at the auto manufacturers, but also all  the
suppliers.

One could argue that if 20% of the population that buys a new car  every 4
years or less, started just repairing their old cars, the number of jobs  in
the
aftermarket and tool industry would skyrocket, as would construction of  new
garages, since the old ones are mostly full of junk.  Of course there  would
be the increase in local and Internet mechanical training courses and
resulting higher employment of teachers.

Regards,

Robert Houston
63 TR4
73 MG Midget
Texan in  NM

I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I  want to
be controlling it.
-- (from Pink Cadillac, 1989 - John Eskow)